Lunch & Learns
There are six or more Lunch & Learns each month scheduled on some Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Sponsors bring a free lunch. While you enjoy the lunch, you listen to either a scheduled presentation or entertainment. You can find the information about the Lunch & Learns on pages 2, 3, and 7 in the each newsletter. Please sign up so there will be an accurate food count.
Bingo is offered several times a month. See the newsletter with dates and times.
Arts & Crafts
Super Sewers meet every Tuesday from 9:00 am to 11:30 am. This group makes lap quilts and baby quilts to donate to Children's Medical Center, Hospice of Dayton, and nursing homes. A wide variety of their items (quilts, casserole carriers, cloth children's books, etc) are also sold throughout the year as available.
The Flower Group
The Flower Group (a floral group) meets several Mondays. This group creates beautiful silk floral arrangements, seasonal decorations, and memorials. Items are displayed and sold throughout the year as available.
Various other craft classes are taught by Sponsors and Members.
New Players are always welcome. Table hosts are listed in the monthly newsletter.
- Hand and Foot - Mondays at 12:30 pm
- Bridge - Tuesdays at 9:45 am
- Hand and Foot - Tuesdays at 1:40 pm
- Party Bridge - Wednesdays at 12:15 pm
- Euchre - Wednesdays at 1:00 pm
- Up and Down the River - Most Wednesdays at 1:00 pm (Bring 50 pennies)
- Duplicate Bridge - Thursdays at Noon
- Board Games - Thursdays at 12:40 pm
- Pinochle - Thursdays at 1:00 pm
- Rummikub - Thursdays at 1:00 pm
- Penny Ante Poker - Fridays at 1:00 pm
The pool room is open daily to all Members. There are two billiard tables available for practice and competition.
We have an outstanding and popular travel program. You must be a Member of the Senior Center to participate, and deposits are required when you sign up. Trips fill up quickly. It is great to go to many enjoyable places while leaving the driving to someone else. We always have a great time! For more information call Bob Reed at 937-313-9692 or visit the Travel Page.
Senior Resources & Services
- Applications for Golden Buckeye Cards
- Free blood pressure checks and other health screenings
- Free Medicare counseling and assistance
The Senior Club's Board conducts a business meeting at catered dinners. Members of the Center have the opportunity to voice their concerns, ideas, and opinions and have the opportunity to vote at these meetings.
On the last Wednesday of each month, we celebrate with the people who had birthdays that month. Cake is served to each person who is at the center. The cake is provided by Friendship Village and Momentus Health.
Dinners are held several times a year. $15 per meal. Entertainment to follow dinner. Menus posted in the monthly newsletter.