Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
1. Use of the City property in the Vandalia Recreation Center (VRC) is subject to all pertinent state laws, City ordinances, Health Department and City of Vandalia Parks and Recreation Department regulations.
2. The City and its officers shall be free from any liability for damages to persons or property resulting from the issuance of this agreement.
3. The holder of this agreement will be responsible for damage to the City of Vandalia property from use herein.
4. The holder of this agreement is responsible for the actions of any individual included in their group including damages to the facility or property of the VRC.
5. Adults chaperoning youth groups and students must be present in all areas of group utilization and supervise their group confirming they are following all rules and regulations; this includes the locker rooms.
6. It is the responsibility of the holder of this agreement to relay all Vandalia Recreation Center rules, policies and guidelines to each member of their group. Please see attached document(s) for the rules and regulations for each specific area.
7. No alcoholic beverages are permitted on the premise.
8. No nails, staples, scotch tape, or paste shall be used for decorating furnishings or areas. No exceptions.
9. Any additional needs/requests, such as audio visual equipment, must be made at the time of signing this contact.
10. Payment of at least 25% of the rental fee is due ten (10) days from submission of signed rental agreement. (Submission of the signed rental agreement confirms your rental.) Failure to pay will result in cancellation of the reservation. a. Payment can be made by cash, check (made payable to the City of Vandalia) or in person or over the phone by credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express or Discover).
11. The remaining balance is due no less than ten (10) days prior to the date of your rental.
12. If the holder of this agreement wants to cancel their rental, the cancellation must be requested in writing ten days prior to the date of the rental to receive a full refund, minus a ten percent administrative fee. If the refund request is made less than ten days prior to the rental date, no refund will be issued. a. If a cancellation request is made less than ten days prior to the rental and written documentation of illness, injury, family emergency, relocation or other reason is submitted and approved by the Recreation Coordinator, a refund up to 75% may be considered. b. No cancellation fee will be assessed if VPRD cancels rental due to weather or other extenuating circumstance.
13. The City of Vandalia reserves the right to deny the use of the Recreation Center based on the past behavior of the group while using the facility and/or where a group repeatedly fails to keep their reservation, thereby denying its availability to other groups.
1. Cancellations must be requested in writing ten days prior to the date of the rental to receive a full refund, minus a $5.00 administrative fee. If the refund request is made nine to two days prior to the rental date, 20% of the rental fee will be forfeited. If the refund request is made less than two days prior to the rental date, no refund will be issued.
2. Transfers to another date may be permitted according to availability and could be subject to a $5.00 administrative fee.
3. Cancellation and/or administrative fees may be waived if written documentation of illness, injury, family emergency, relocation or other reason is submitted and approved by the Recreation Coordinator.
4. No cancellation fee will be assessed if VPRD cancels rental due to weather or other extenuating circumstance.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field