Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Aquatic Center Hours: Friday Oct-May 11:30-9 June-Sept 11:30-8 Sat 11:30-6:30 Sunday 12:00-5:00
Climbing Wall Hours: Tuesday 5:00PM-7:00PM, Saturday 12:00PM-3:00PM; Luther's Jungle Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00AM-1:00PM and 4:30PM-7:30PM, Saturday 12:00-4:30, Sunday Closed
1. Non-refundable $50 deposit is due 48 hours after submitting Birthday Party Agreement. Non-payment will result in
cancellation of reservation.
2. The Agreement Holder is also the primary contact for the Birthday Party Attendant the day of the party. If the Agreement Holder is not able to attend the party, then a different person, who will be at the party, must sign this Agreement and become the new Agreement Holder.
3. The Agreement Holder must submit a signed copy of this Party Agreement prior to payment. This can be done electronically.
4. Any additional needs/requests must be made prior to the payment due date.
5. No more than 30 people are permitted in the party room.
6. Shoes and cover ups must be worn to and from the pool.
7. The Agreement Holder is responsible for the actions of all individuals in their group.
8. Scheduled room times are strictly adhered to and no special arrangements can be made if you arrive late.
9. Upon arrival, the Agreement Holder must check-in with the Party Attendant at the Front Desk. The Attendant will show you to your party room or, if the activity is scheduled first, the Attendant will show you where to store your items until your room time. If your party is participating in the activity first, a representative from your party must stay in the lobby and assist in directing your guests. Special arrangements for late arrivals can be made with the Party Attendant.
10. The Party Attendant will provide 13 wristbands to be worn by the party guests participating in the activity.
11. The basketball courts are not included in your package unless special arrangements are made in advance.
12. The Agreement Holder is responsible to supply items such as cake/ice cream/food, plates/utensil, drinks decorations, etc. We will provide ice for drinks.
13. We have limited refrigerator space. Prior arrangements must be made for ice-cream cakes. If you need multiple items to stay cold, please bring cooler(s) and ice.
14. While in the party room, guests are not permitted to run back and forth from the party room to the Lobby. If your party finishes early in the room, please inform the Party Attendant.
15. Piñata’s, silly string, and confetti are not permitted. The Agreement Holder is responsible to clean all decorations including all tape prior to leaving the room. A cleaning fee of $50.00/hour will be charged if excessive cleaning is required by VRC staff at the conclusion of your party.
16. Parties held in Ricky’s room, no food or drink is permitted in the attached outdoor play area.
17. The VRC and its staff are not responsible for any items left at the center.
18. Use of City of Vandalia property in the VRC is subject to all pertinent state laws, City ordinances, Health Department and City of Vandalia Parks and Recreation Department rules and regulations.
19. All VRC rules, policies, and guidelines for each area must be fully understood and adhered to by all guests of the Party group.
20. The Agreement Holder will be responsible for damage to the City of Vandalia property from use herein.
21. The City and its officers shall be free from any liability for damages to persons or property resulting from the issuance of this
22. In consideration of the City of Vandalia granting the permission to engage in the recreation activities with the VRC, the undersigned hereby waives, releases and holds harmless and indemnify the City of Vandalia, its employees, agents and contractors for any and all claims.
23. The Agreement Holder, approves that any violation of this agreement may cause for the immediate removal from the VRC and
may have an effect on any future agreements with the VRC.
For your safety and those around you, please obey all instructions of the staff. Distracting lifeguards from their duties is a safety concern.
Aquatic Center Patron Attire
Aquatic Center Age & Health/Safety
Aquatic Center Equipment and Toys
Aquatic Center Behavior
Aquatic Inclement Weather & Lightning Policy
For your safety, the indoor Aquatic Center may be closed and evacuated for periods of time due to severe weather situations. This includes an electrical storm that is within six miles of the facility. Aquatic programming (swim lessons, water fitness, etc.) cancelled due to severe weather will be rescheduled accordingly.
Aquatic Center Groups and Parties
1. Locker rooms are located across from the gymnasium and are available to change into swim attire; changing clothes in the
restrooms or party rooms is prohibited.
2. Children 3 years of age and older must use gender appropriate locker room or Special Accommodations Locker Room.
3. Children 6 years of age and younger must be accompanied by another responsible patron, at least 14 years of age.
4. Camera usage is not permitted in the locker rooms.
5. All guests must be dried off and clothed before leaving the locker area.
6. Please report any suspicious behavior to a staff member.
7. Locks must be removed from non-rented lockers prior to facility closing each day. VRC staff will cut off all remaining locks and
place the contents in the lost and found.
8. We recommend that you do not bring valuables into the VRC. Locking valuables in a locker will increase safekeeping.
1. Cancellations must be requested in writing ten days prior to the date of the rental to receive a full refund, minus a $5.00 administrative fee. If the refund request is made nine to two days prior to the rental date, 20% of the rental fee will be forfeited. If the refund request is made less than two days prior to the rental date, no refund will be issued.
2. Transfers to another date may be permitted according to availability and could be subject to a $5.00 administrative fee. Updated 9/23/2020
3. Cancellation and/or administrative fees may be waived if written documentation of illness, injury, family emergency, relocation or other reason is submitted and approved by the Recreation Coordinator.
4. No cancellation fee will be assessed if VPRD cancels rental due to weather or other extenuating circumstance.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field