Small Business Relief Grant
THE APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED.
The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic have negatively impacted many small businesses. As a way to assist small businesses during this time, the City of Vandalia has committed a portion of federal American Rescue Plan Act funding to provide grants to eligible businesses, and to work in conjunction with the Vandalia-Butler Chamber of Commerce to assist in ensuring the survival and stability of these businesses.
The intent of the program is to assist those locally-owned businesses with a physical storefront in the City that experienced revenue loss or incurred unplanned costs substantially caused by COVID-19 and who are poised to make a strong recovery.
Possible Grant Amounts:
Maximum grant awards per business will be based on the number of employees. The number of employees may be based on the total headcount as of January 1, 2020, for the number of employees working more than 15 hours per week. The total funding available for this program is $200,000.
|Employees||Maximum Grant Request|
|1 to 3||$5,000|
|4 to 10||$7,500|
|11 to 25||$10,000|
• Must be a for profit business with a physical storefront in the City of Vandalia
• Must have at least 1 and no more than 25 W-2 employees (FTE’s)
• Must have no more than $2 million in annual gross revenue
• Must have been in operation on October 1, 2019 and commit to operate through June 30, 2022
• Must have experienced revenue loss or incurred unplanned costs substantially caused by COVID-19
• Must not be part of a corporate chain with more than five locations or owned franchises
• Must not be in default of any obligation to the City of Vandalia
• Must be an eligible business
• Rent or mortgage payments for business premises
• Salaries and wages for employees
• Utilities for business premises
• Personal protective equipment, partitions, or other modifications related to COVID-19
• Costs associated with hiring or rehiring employees including on-boarding, training and costs associated with recruitment.
• Measures taken to protect employees, customers, or clients from COVID-19.
Disclaimer: These program guidelines were created to provide an overview of the City of Vandalia COVID-19 Small Business Relief Grant Program. Additional requirements may apply as detailed in the grant application and any subsequent applicable city, county, state or federal laws or regulations. This program is not an entitlement program and funding is not guaranteed. Vandalia-Butler Chamber of Commerce membership is not required to receive grant funding.
Businesses who receive funds under this program shall keep records of all specific expenses for which the funds were used for a period of five (5) years from the final expenditure of received funds. These records shall include but not be limited to paid invoices, cancelled checks, payroll records and other documentation acquired when the permissible expense occurred.
Upon request, the business shall provide access to these records to the City of Vandalia. its agencies, agents, directors, and/or any party for the exclusive purposes of evaluating or ensuring compliance with this program and the American Rescue Plan Act. Failure to abide by the requirement may result in a demand for the business to repay the grant to the City of Vandalia within thirty days of a written request for repayment.